Menu buttons


                 

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Explosion Box

I'm in a blogging mood today so here is one more. This is an explosion box I made for Sam for Christmas while he was gone.

Here are the pages before I put it all together.
Once it is all put together, when you pull the lid off it all kind of pops open and you can flip through the pages.
Ok I am updating this with instructions for anyone that would like to try it themselves. Sorry I didn't take photos as I put it together but hopefully I can explain everything clearly enough without them. For all of you who are extremely impressed, no I didn't come up with this concept. I am simple recreating the directions I followed. Feel free to ask questions if you get stuck.
-You will need 4 double sided cardstock weight papers.
-The first paper (the one that will be the outside of the box, and the base layer of the photos) should be 12 inches by 12 inches. You will need to score the paper 4 inches in from all 4 sides, and cut out the corners (4x4 squares).
-The next paper trim to 11x11, and score the sides at 3 3/4 inches. Cut out the corners.
-The third paper needs to be trimmed to 10x10. You should score the paper at 3 1/2 inches on each side, and remove the corners.
This will leave you with 3 perfectly layered pieces for your box.
-Embellish and add photos wherever you wish- except the center sections on the largest and middle sized layers. After embellishing, you will attach the layers together at this point.
-The final piece of cardstock is for the lid. Trim your paper to 8x8 inches. Score the edges at 1 and 7/8 inch. This time, only cut one side of the square on the edge. Glue the flap you have created to the inside of the lid. Flip it over, and embellish.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh my, This box is fantastic!! Do you have instruction to make it? I'd love to make one. Thank you for your comment on my blog, by the way. You have some really great stuff here!