Menu buttons


                 

Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013!

One final glimpse at the holidays.  I'm sad to see it go, yet happy to move on to all the other things that are waiting for us - not the least of which is my first experience with selling Girl Scout cookies with our new troop starting this weekend!  Ack!  I'm a little bit nervous about that one, actually.
Anyway.  Overall we've had a nice run this holiday.  Everyone got completely spoiled.  We've had fun and the kids are happy.  Sure, we've dealt with more than our share of cold germs (I don't think a single one of the four of us is running at 100% today) but I think we're past the worst of it.  And maybe staying home, doing not much of anything, for a week straight was what we all needed.
New Years Eve was no exception.  I had a number of fun ideas, but in the end we chose a quiet evening at home with just the four of us.  We had "party food" like pigs in a blanket and cheese and crackers for dinner, along with sparkling grape juice that Tyler insisted we do a "cheers" with.  (we assumed he meant a "toast" while saying "cheers")  The kids were excited that we had given them permission to stay up until midnight for the first time.  We spent the time eating, playing games, and watching a movie.  Tyler fell asleep on my lap at 11 but Kaitlyn made it until midnight and was still asking for more.  Me?  Well I gave myself permission to doze off on the couch more than once ;)

So now we are a whole 5 days into 2013 - wow.  Time flies doesn't it?  HAPPY 2013!  I have all kinds of plans and ideas for the new year - as soon as I get rid of this cold and get my energy back!

No comments: